Truss has an additional security feature; whitelisting locations for people to access the site. This means only in the office can you access Truss normally.
Despite this, there are some options available with accessing Truss outside the office.
Option One - SMS Verification (preferred)
You can "whitelist" your Truss session for the day. It requires SMS code verification.
1. Navigate to: https://enrol.eit.edu.au/external-auth.aspx
2. Enter your normal Truss username and select "Continue".
3. You will be sent an "Access code" on your mobile phone. Enter it into the "Enter Your Access Code:" field and select "Continue".
4. You will receive a popup (if successful) stating that your IP has been granted access to the Truss backend for 12 hours.
5. Go to https://eit.trussrto.io/_login and then enter your login details as you normally would.
You should have full access to Truss.
Option Two - Terminal Server (not recommended)
If you have access to the Terminal Server, you can use Truss on your browser within as you normally would.
While this option works, it is not recommended due to the following reasons:
- It is very slow to work on.
- The display is limited - some text may be difficult to read.
- It impacts the performance of our Terminal Server overall.
Please only use this option as a last resort if option one does not work.
A student may reach out to you asking why they can't complete their application, and when/if they try to start the application again it rejects their email.
It is important for a student to go via the original link they were sent to enrol. If they have lost it then please do the following.
1. Go to Truss and select "Find Student".
2. Search for the student; email is generally the best method for doing this. Select "Search" when you have entered the email.
3. The student record should appear - select "edit".
4. On the student record, select "Send Login Email" again.
The student should receive an email to continue with their application.